In this gripping and thought-provoking play, twelve jurors must decide the fate of a nineteen-year-old boy accused of murdering his father.
The book is highly recommended for five-point students doing the National Literature Program.
– the authentic and unabridged text of the play
– all the key components of the Literature Program, including a thorough explanation of the HOTS
– a wide variety of tasks, including a choice of two Bridging tasks and six Post-Reading tasks
– fascinating background information
– glossing of difficult words in English
The book is approved by the Ministry of Education, and is accompanied by a teacher’s guide and a photocopiable CD-ROM for teachers (the CD-ROM contains supplementary material that is not approved). Two versions of the movie (the original 1953 screenplay which is virtually identical to the book, and the 1957 Henry Fonda movie) are also available, with a discount for teachers using the book in the classroom.